Friday, September 19, 2008

Fried WonTon

After successfully making my wonton dumplings, I decided to try something a little bit more adventurous and try to make fried wonton. The ingredients are the same and the process to wrap the wonton is also the same.

Please refer to this link for my earlier recipe. Steps 1-7 are essentially the same.


Simple ingredients -

1) Minced pork (500gm), minced onion or shallots (2 pcs), green onions - chopped

2) Wan Tan wrapper



As you can see below, my wrapping process is not excellent *grin* - as long as the minced meat stays intact, I am ok.....


In a small pot, I try to use as minimal old as possible, if it covers half of the wonton, it's fine. You will just need to move the wontons about so that all parts will touch the oil. If you prefer you can actually fry with more oil so that the wonton will cook evenly.


Voila, just scoop up when ready, drain the oil by placing the fried wontons on a paper towel and serve. Becareful yeah cos it is hot inside. It is irresistable to try it immediately but beware , so that you don't burn your tongue. Ready to eat! Yum! Yum!



No comments: