Sunday, October 26, 2008

Prawn Sambal


Prawn Sambal or know more as "Sambal Udang" in Malaysia is traditionally a Malay dish. "Sambal" is a spicy condiment used especially in Indonesia and Malaysia, made with chili peppers and other ingredients eg pounded shallots/garlic or coconut.

I had a packet of Brahims "Sambal Tumis" and it's expiring soon so I just had to cook it. I can't remember when I bought it (must have been from my mom's house) as I usually prefer to pound the chilli myself. Nevertheless, I used it and cooked a fast and simple dish of prawn sambal. And it was pretty good.


Simple ingredients -
1) 1 packet of Brahims Kuah Sambal Tumis
2) 10-15 large prawns shelled with the tips intact.
3) One onion quartered
4) Some water.

Simple steps -
1) I did not use any oil as the "sambal" inside the packet usually contains oil. I just removed and put the paste into the wok. Add some water and the add the quarter onion. Simmer for 10 mins.


2) Add in the prawns last as prawns cook pretty fast. Simmer for another 5 minutes and it is ready.


3) It's that simple. Ready to be served. Best served with hot white rice. Voila! Ready to eat! Yummy! Yummy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make the food looks so yummy even though using prepacked ingredients!! Yum!