Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Simple yet Beautiful Dinner

I like preparing simple dinner at home but yet it looks like we are eating in a restaurant. Or at least I try to make it look like we are having a beautiful dinner at a fancy restaurant. But I make sure it requires just minimal work.

This time, I did not need to even fry anything, just boil and also using the oven.

Step 1 - Get a baked rotiserrie chicken from your local supermarket. The ones I get at Costco is so big that I usually just cut it up in quarters and the portion is more than enough. However, I remember the ones from Malaysia are so small that you probably can just cut it to 2 portions. If you like it hot, just baked in oven for 5-10 minutes before serving.

Step 2 - Boil some water for the vegetable and pasta. I boiled some broccoli, remove and drain and next the penne pasta.


Step 3 - In an aluminium container, I add olive oil, garlic, sundried tomato, and put it into oven for about 10 minutes.
Step 4 - Mix it with the penne. Add some salt and pepper for taste. And guess what??

Voila! Ready to eat! Open a nice bottle of wine and enjoy a super yummy, super simple, super beautiful romantic dinner for two.


2 comments:

New Kid on the Blog said...

Isn't this is 'Chef at Home's recipe??? :)

mysimplefood said...

Hi new kid on the blog - who is chef at home? A blogger or a TV show. I tried googling it...A cooking TV show right?? Haha, I have not watch this show before :)