Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ginger Chicken

Inspiration - This is a really simple dish. Somehow, ginger and chicken go really well together! I like mine with lots of gravy to just pour over my rice. Try it.

Simple ingredients -

1) Chicken Breast. You can also use whole leg of chicken (chopped to mid size pieces) - Marinade with salt, pepper, ginger juice, sesame oil, soy sauce and cornstarch

2) Loads of sliced ginger
3) Garlic and some scallions for garnishing


Simple preparation -
1) In a wok, 2 TBSP of oil, put in the garlic and ginger. Stir fry till fragrant.
2) Then add the chicken and continue to stir till half cooked.

3) Add water to form gravy. Close the wok lit and let it boil. After 5 mins, remove the lid, add some cornstarch (mixed in water). This is to thicken the gravy. Add salt to taste.


4) That's it! Voila! Ready to Eat! Yummy....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I tried this recipe yday nite for dinner. It turned out awesome! Full of flavour. My husband loved it so much! And to top it off, it's so easy to make. Perfect for dinner as I come home very late from work. Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Renna - I am so glad it turned out well for you and yr hubby likes it. I also made it the first time in that photo. :)

apple said...

Hi, how do you actually make ginger juice....