Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Chicken Rice



Inspiration - I was looking for a hearty chicken rice meal but I wanted to make it really really simple and really really fast. My hubby was coming home for dinner soon. So with a little "help" and doing some short cuts with the chicken preparation, I actually made a yummy meal.


Simple Steps -

1) I used this ready made spice (Singapore Hainanese Chicken Rice from Asian Home Gourmet) for the rice chicken stock but I did add more garlic and ginger. With a little oil or you can even use butter, I stir-fried some ginger and garlic slices and the pkt of spices and then added water enough for boiling of rice. Let the ingredients simmer for 2 minutes.

2) Wash the rice and then add the spices ingredient mixed earlier.

3) This was my short cut. With a piece of chicken breast (with some skin still intact) - marinate with just salt, pepper and garlic juice. I just place the chicken breast on top of the rice in the rice cooker and let everything cook at the same time. I really don't know how it will turn out especially concerned that the chicken may not turn out as well but then since I want it fast and simple, let's see.

4) Surprisingly, it turned turned out really well. The chicken was moist and tender and all I needed to do was to cut up to chicken slices. It looked like the real thing :)


5) As for the rice, it turned out not bad, though I was hoping that it will be more fragrant since I did add the pkt of spices. However, I don't think the spices were that great, infact the next time, I would probably made fresh spices myself.

6) Now for the complete feel of chicken rice, you must have the dips. I made 3 sauce dips. 1) Soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce and oil mixed together. 2) Garlic sauce - grinded with some lime juice and sugar 3) chilli sauce - grinded chilli with some garlic juice and lime juice.


7) And there you have it, my very simple chicken rice meal. Voila! Ready to eat! Yum yum!

No comments: